Ka’u Arabica- Medium Roast Whole Bean Coffee
$25.00 – $45.00
Pohaku Medium Roast takes the beans on their journey toward a bolder roast with honey, apple, mixed berries, toasted almond and cocoa, and even citrus notes detected. It is a great choice for our long-time coffee lovers who prefer the familiar notes of darker medium roasts—without any of the bitterness! We blend different medium roasts together to achieve that unique flavor profile you would find in one of our lighter roasts and yet give you that delicious caramelized and chocolatey flavor without too much roastiness.
No two coffee drinkers are alike, so adjust water level and grinds to your own taste, increasing or decreasing grinds by 5g until your find that sweet spot.
Fresh grind before you brew and store beans in a cool, dry place, never the fridge. Use fine grounds for espresso, medium for drip and course grind for French press or cold brew.
For drip coffee, we use a ratio of 5 Tablespoons (34g) grounds to 18 ounces or 2 1/4 cups water. Be sure to check your coffee pot the first time as the markings on the glass carafe do not always equal a true cup measurement.
For French press, Hawaii coffees feature mild, delicate, and fruity flavors, making these varieties a wonderful choice for lighter roasts. We highly suggest trying a French press for our lighter roasts, especially the Gold Roast, but our medium roasts are also excellent. Try steeping our Gold Roast up to 10 minutes for a stronger “gold” brew. Most other roasts will do fine after 4 minutes, but again don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Preheat French press with boiling water, then toss water
- Add 5 T fresh course grounds to French press, adding 2 ¼ cups fresh boiling water
- Steep for 1 minute, then gently stir grounds to release gas build-up
- Secure lid, press filter to submerge grounds completely for 3 minutes more…our Gold Roast can “steep” as long as 10 minutes. (The finer the grounds and the longer the steep time, the stronger the taste and the higher the caffeine content, just make sure your filter can handle the grind size!)
- Press the filter all the way down, pour into your favorite mug and enjoy the sweetest brew with or without add-ins (makes 2 cups)
For espresso, our dark roast produces a rich, frothy crema and an extra bold kick. We use a 1:15 ratio or 8g of grinds tamped down with 120g water. The general rule is to stop the pour once the pour begins to lose color. Adjust to your taste!
|Dimensions||20 × 30 × 50 in|
7 oz., 15 oz.